In line with the local government’s objective in preventing and controlling the transmission of rabies virus in the Camalig, Albay, the Office of the Sangguniang Bayan adopts Provincial Ordinance No. 005-2019 otherwise known as the “Responsible Pet Ownership Ordinance.
All residents in Camalig, Albay owning pets such as but not limited to dogs and cats are hereby directed to apply for the mandatory pet registration.
System and processes of said registration shall vary depending on the concerned barangay with a corresponding registration fee of Php50.00 for each pet.
Violations under Provincial Ordinance No. 005-2019:
• Refusal/failure to register their animal/s – Php5,000.00
• Failure to have their anima;/s vaccinated with anti-rabies vaccine – Php5,000.00
• Refusal to put animal/s under observation after biting an individual – Php2,000.00
• Allowing animal/s to roam at public places, unleashed and/or with no litter catcher/container – Php2,000.00 per animal
• Trading dog/cat meat – Php5,000.00 per animal
• Animal cruelty, maltreatment, or neglect – Php5,000.00
Please be advised.
Article by: Mr. Tim L. Florece, PIO