The Department of the Interior & Local Government (DILG) issues Memorandum Circular 2021-058, directing the public to continuously avoid the holding of public gatherings and events as one of the effective ways in preventing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
All Punong Barangays are hereby directed to implement the following effective control measures:
1. Ensure strict monitoring and implementation of minimum health protocols in their areas of responsibility together with barangay employees and functionaries.
2. Mandatorily organize Barangay COVID-19 Operations Center and Barangay Tanod Health Patrols to enforce surveillance, monitoring, and reporting of public gatherings, according to their local COVID situation and resources.
3. Regularly inspect, especially on weekends and public holidays, sports, recreation and leisure facilities such as parks, gymnasiums, running tracks to ensure that social distancing is being maintained at all times in coordination with the municipal PNP and BFP.
4. Consistent with applicable IATF regulations and municipal ordinances, regulate, limit or prohibit public gatherings such as drinking, sabong, tupada, fiesta, parades, beauty contests, processions and other religious events, cultural festivals, and pool and other recreational activities.
5. Provide assistance to community pantry operations through the Barangay Tanods and/or Barangay Health Emergency Response Team with the support of the home owners’ association, provided prior coordination is extended by the organizers and compliance with the minimum public health standards and protocols is ensured.
6. Provide emergency numbers to the community members for reporting of incidents of mass gatherings.
7. Coordinate with the Municipal COVID-19 Operations Center, PNP and BFP stations for assistance on the enforcement of mass gathering rules.
8. Implement other necessary measures consistent with IATF regulations, the policies and guidelines of DILG, DOH, and other concerned government agencies.
Article by: Mr. Tim L. Florece, PIO